Thursday, 15 May 2008

Birthday party coming up !



As often at the beginning of May, we enjoyed nearly 2 weeks of sunny (almost too warm) weather, which has suddenly turned to overcast and rainy again yesterday... and the "bad" weather is to last for at least 10 days, or so they say. Of course this does relieve me of my daily watering duties in the garden, which means I save at least 40 minutes every day. But I did enjoy the watering moment, so I might just do a tour of my garden anyway (unless it gets very muddy).

We have learned to accept as a tradition the fact that our daughter's birthday party (second half of May) usually needs to be held indoors. Her 4th birthday was a lucky one, it was cool but more or less sunny and dry, we let the kids play outside with water guns and they had a lot of fun. When she turned 5 we rented a bouncy castle and I was wise enough to order a "covered" one... it ended up having to withstand a thunderstorm ! (the kids had fun anyway... as kids usually do) and we had to turn my parent's garage into an improvized sitting room (with leftover pieces of carpet and lots of pillows) for cake and popcorn. Last year for her 6th, we were wise and experienced and rented a room in a community center and a puppet artist, who turned out to be really good ! The test of 7 is next weekend. Again, we rented a room at a (different) community center and we booked a magician who works with animals and... fire ! Wooh !

All I can say is thank God it's cooler now than a few days ago... because tomorrow night I'll be up late baking a cake for 25 children, and the next day I'll be doing it again but then baking 3 dozen cupcakes for school... I'm not big at decorating the cakes but the daughter only likes sugar icing and M&M's anyway so we play with that.

Let's just hope the rabbit doesn't escape and she doesn't get any 'double' presents (always a hassle). I'll be happy when it's over for another year !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet, hon - you've joined the blogging world too! :D Made my way here through Anett, of course. ;)

peony said...

Now, tell us how did it went!!! I bet everything was great!