
Getting older means the hindsight gets broader of course. I am recently and finally getting a sense of progress, too. What I have learned so far in life covers many aspects, be they practical, philosophical, intellectual, spiritual or physical. And the strange part is that decline in one area (mostly physical) seems to be compensated (sort of) by progress in another. So in all, right now, I don't feel too bad about my life. I don't walk around constantly wishing I'd had a different life, or made different choices in my life. Which, in itself, is a good thing I suppose !

I "learned" (just tried & succeeded, actually) to make jelly a few weeks ago and that was a pleasure, it still is, to be able to have toast with my own, homemade jelly in the morning. I still try to come up with new and surprising recipes on a regular basis. It's all in the trying, I think. You just have togo ahead and try. Some things will taste better than others and you will make those again and maybe adapt them, other things are not so good and those you simply forget about... So far, I have succeeded in producing more good things than bad things, and I like to think that this extends beyond the kitchen.
I also have a list of things I would still like to try, and the list keeps growing. I cross off some things at the top of the list, and I add new things at the bottom. I wouldn't call these things "challenges", or even "tasks", they are things I simply want and would LIKE to try. No obligation of success either, since the goal is not to create more stress, but to create more achievement and more pleasure in my life. Some things work out and some don't. But at least I will have tried.
In the end, I think I can say I am (most of the time !) accepting the flow of life, while gently steering it as well. That's the idea, anyway. As long as I get a sense of progress, I am happy with the way things are/become... (this being said, regressing or walking in circles can be progressing too, it all depends on the way you look at it of course, inner progress is not always outer, objective progress).
This is probably the worst blogpost I have written since I've started, LOL. But it's what's been going on in my mind for the past few weeks and - except for the pots of jelly I am going to give to some close loved ones for their birthdays soon - I have nothing else worth sharing... I think.
More later !

1 comment:
The worst? not hardly. i think its fantastic. you feel good about yourself and it shows. you've come to accept you. just keep looking in the mirror and remembering what those who LOVE you say. ignore the clatter from the peanut gallery. enjoy the little things in life like the jelly. BTW, I'll take a case of real strawberry preserves so jammed with whole berries that my PB&Js are incredibly bumpy! :-)
so keep up writing blogs like this. this is the stuff that puts a smile on my face and those that love you.
so lets see this list of stuff you'd like to try. sky diving? living on the cote d'azur, visiting the NC coast, ... :-D writing a book perhaps? inquirying minds wanna know!!!
Post a Comment