Wow, I haven't written in quite a while here...
It's hard to find things I feel are interesting enough to write something about. I do my daily things, I work, I take care of the family and the house, no big events occur...
Also, because I do so many different things, everything takes ages to complete and when something finally gets done, it has lost a lot of the shine of achievement because it took so long !
Things going on right now are
- The search for a new kitty... since our Kiki died, several cats have been offered to me but none were little kittens. Hanna wants a "real" kitten right out of the litter. I think this is normal for a 7 year-old so that's what we're going to get. But first there was a long, cold winter (few kittens to get) and now the mommy cats I know of are pregnant but none have given birth yet. I am pretty sure something will come through at work (one of my colleagues has several cats and not all are neutered/spayed). But it will take a few more months before our kitten will be born and weaned !
- Slow reshaping and cleaning up of the garden : I've had several old, cancerous fruit trees removed and want to replant some different things (elderberry, for one). Next on my to-do-list is getting the vegetable patch back in order, fertilizing the remaining fruit trees, replacing a few shrubs which have lived out their pretty lives, and expanding my herb garden.
- Getting rid of clutter : the ongoing battle ! Circumstances are preventing me from tackling this room by room so I'm doing several places at once, each for a few hours at a time, which is not always rewarding because I can't tell the difference... But when I see the number of things I manage to throw out every couple of weeks, something must be moving in the right sense...
- Replacing devices in the house : this is more a battle with money than anything else, since the work has to be done by professionals. First on this list is the hot water boiler. It's still working but scaling is taking over so I think it would be wise to replace it sometime soon... before it entirely breaks down (which, as everyone knows, always happens on a banking holiday weekend and may even be accompanied by some serious flooding, as our current boiler holds 2000 litres of water and is placed... on the top floor of the house... yep, it was there when we bought the house !)
- Crafting (knitting/crocheting) has taken second stage for the moment, because I am usually too knackered in the evenings to even watch a TV programme, let alone knit at the same time ! I am trying to assemble a knitted sweater for Hanna but this too is taking more time than it actually should... especially since I prefer to do this kind of work by daylight !
- Trying to keep Hanna motivated in school ! This is one of the bigger challenges which has turned up recently. She dislikes school very much and is performing poorly, in spite of her teacher's reassurances that her cognitive levels are more than adequate. It's a personality thing more than anything else but it is difficult to find incentives and routines that work...
These are the things which come to mind when I think about what I tackle on a regular basis these days.
No pix, note to self : snap some good ones to accompany next blog entry !
Friday, 3 April 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
You HAVE been a bad blogger! Bad! Bad! LOL... life can certainly get in the way of blogging, though. Totally understandable. ;)
yeah you getting stale girl... :-P yeah i haven't added anything to mine in ages either. i need time and a good mental image to write too.
pics would be good! :-D can't wait for the new Miss Belgium pics!!!
can you get a new hot water heater somewhere like ebay? is it heated by gas or electric? if electric and KH won't be too much of an ass, you can install it yourself. there's not alot to it. big problem is they are HEAVY!!!
are there kittens at the local pet shelter?
I got so used of you not writing I almost missed this entry :-(((
Missed your posts!
The kittens... Shelters usually only have adult cats and when they have a litter, it is gone in hours ! But I have something coming with that colleague, I'm sure. It's better to wait anyway, so the kitten will not enter our home before we are back from our summer holiday and we can give it all the attention it will need !
As for the hot water boiler, it's electric and huge and very heavy and I will have it replaced by a professional plumber. Too risky. Emptying the old one will be very tricky ! Given the lime/scale problem in our country, I am definitely getting a brand new one ! and may have a water softener installed just after the water meter...
Oh and dear Peony, I solemnly promise I will write more often. I do. I just have a hard time deciding whether anything is interesting enough to turn in into a post...
Post a Comment